Leadership Tri-Cities has completed selection for Class XX. This was a highly competitive year. We broke records as to the number of applicants for a single class. Because of the number of applicants, the Selection Committee had to make hard choices as to who to offer an interview and then ultimately select. We encourage you to apply next year for Class XXI in the Spring of 2015.
Thanks to all who made it to our information night last night. It was great to see so many interested applicants- as well as having current class members and alumni share their experiences!
Leadership Tri-Cities has many benefits- but the value isn’t just for the class member.
Are you a leader or owner in your company and want to know what value LTC can mean to your employees? Our graduates gain practical experience and applied knowledge in leadership, project management, connecting with the right groups & leaders, interpersonal communication, the importance of diversity, and creative problem solving– and this doesn’t even include the benefit and value to the community and to the individual! All these benefits directly translate into every day work– and we’ve heard this over and over from our graduates.
Here’s what Tri-City Credit Union President (and Class XVIII alum) Doug Wadsworth said: “Leadership Tri-Cities was an outstanding experience, it both deepened and broadened my knowledge, awareness and connection with our entire community. This should be a “no-brainer” for all local professionals: jump on board!”
Would you like to know more about Leadership Tri-Cities, the demands of the program, and about navigating the application process? Come to our upcoming information night Wednesday, April 23 from 6:00-7:30 pm at the Visitor & Business Center next to the Convention Center – 7130 West Grandridge Blvd, Kennewick, WA 99336. See you then!
Leadership Tri-Cities is now accepting applications for Class XX. All applications must be submitted by May 16, 2014.
To complete the application:
- You will need to submit information about your past five years of employment, your educational background, and any major and/or recent volunteer work.
- You will need a signed copy of your Employer’s Letter of Support and a photograph (head and shoulder shot) of yourself for use by Leadership Tri-Cities.
- You will need to prepare and submit answers to the following questions:
- After family, describe your most important leadership accomplishment and why.
- Why do you want to be part of Leadership Tri-Cities? What do you hope to gain from this experience?
- In your judgment, describe the two most pressing issues facing our community today and why.
- What makes you unique? What strengths, skills, and/or abilities make you a strong candidate for Leadership Tri-Cities?
Applications will be accepted two ways- online and via mail. Applicants are encouraged to complete their application online.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted the week of June 2. Interviews will be scheduled June 11-13, 2014, and will consist of two panel sessions.