Program Requirements & Selection Criteria
Selection into Leadership Tri-Cities is a highly competitive process. Knowing the requirements and demands of the program will help you successfully judge your capacity to participate and thrive as a member of Leadership Tri-Cities.
- We are interested in people who are already involved in leadership roles within the community and those who are emerging leaders seeking opportunities to grow and develop.
- Applicants must live or work in the greater Tri-Cities (Washington) area.
- Applicants must have a signed letter of support from their sponsoring organization/employer.
- We will select candidates who will commit to involvement and participation in the entire program. (Please read the participation requirements.)
- We will accept individuals who can capably represent Leadership Tri-Cities.
- We support an environment where individuals are exposed to, and engage with, a wide variety of thought, opinions, and people.
- In selection, we seek diversity in virtually all categories, including: age; community experience; cultural background; ethnicity; gender; industry; leadership experience; personality; profession; and residency in the Tri-Cities.
- Decisions of the Board of Directors regarding class selection are final.
TUITION – FOR CLASS XXIII
Tuition for LTC program in 2017 is $1000 per individual which covers all fees, meals, session transportation, and lodging. Tuition is paid by the class member, employer, sponsor, or combination of sources; however, participants are required to personally pay at least $100 of their tuition. Individual tuition is due by July 1, 2017 and the employer or sponsor tuition is due by September 30, 2017. A limited amount of financial scholarship assistance is available based upon need.
Tuition Reimbursement Policy
Leadership Tri-Cities is an educational program, founded in 1994, which provides a forum to examine and dialog about issues facing our region. The program provides an unparalleled and immersive learning experience, developing knowledgeable leaders to serve our community and become catalysts for positive change. Designing and operating such an initiative takes much time and energy. It also involves many fixed costs, regardless the size of the class.
Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once selected as a class member, cancellation of participation as a class member in the program must be made in writing and e-mailed to the Class Director: ltcwa.director (at) gmail.com
Lack of payment does not constitute cancellation of participation; class members remain responsible for entire tuition fee. Lack of attendance at any or all class-related activities does not constitute cancellation of participation; class members remain responsible for entire tuition fee.
While most employers pay 90% of the full tuition, it is ultimately the responsibility of the class member to ensure that the full tuition is paid. The class member portion (a minimum of 10% of the full tuition) is due no later than July 1st. The balance of the remaining tuition due—whether to be paid by the class member or employer—must be paid no later than September 30.
Leadership Tri-Cities reserves the right to cancel the program at any time and will be liable only for refunding tuition; refunds will be made in full if cancellation by LTC is made prior to start of program year, or on a pro-rata basis should the program year already be underway.
Important Dates for Class XXIII (2017-2018)
- Applications open: March 1, 2017 – April 28, 2017
To apply: click the “Apply Now” button below.
- LTC Information Night: March 30th @ the Events Center at Sunset 6:30-8:00
We’ll share all the details about Leadership Tri-Cities and you can hear from former class members about their experience.
- Interviews will be held May 15-19, 2017
- LTC Class XXII Graduation (optional) June 14, 2017
If selected you’ll be invited to attend LTC Class XXII’s graduation as a preliminary introduction to our community of leaders.
For questions about class recruiting contact the Class XXIII Director, Danette Layne: ltcwa.director (at) gmail.com